Hello there strangers!
Well, I survived the first week of classes! Woohoooo.
Too bad this was the ‘easiest’ week of classes… And the work is already beginning to pile up. YAY! (I’m just complaining…it’s really okay, it feels good to be back in the swing of things).
I don’t have much time (per usual) because there’s a football game tonight (!!!), but I wanted to drop in with a recipe that was requested a little while back!
Almost every morning this past summer I started my day with a couple scrambled eggs and a cold, refreshing smoothie.
Besides being portable (great for on-the-go breakfasts and snacks), smoothies are the perfect way to sneak tons of nutrients into your daily diet – and they’re absolutely delicious (especially on a hot summer day)!
This is just one of my million smoothie recipes! You can literally add (or subtract) anything you want to create your own go-to smoothie.
- You can amp up the protein by adding whey protein powder or any nut butter you like.
- You can make it ‘thinner’ (I personally prefer a thick, ‘ice cream’ texture ;)) by adding any type of milk (dairy, soy, rice, almond, coconut), water, or fruit juice.
- To make it thicker, you can add more yogurt (feel free to use flavors!) or xanthan gum.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless.
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 slice watermelon
- 1/2 frozen banana
- handful frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- handful fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
Simply toss all the ingredients in a blender, blend away, pour into a cup, and slurp through a straw or, my favorite way, eat with a spoon!!
*The best order to add ingredients: liquids, frozen fruit, powders, ice, and then fresh fruit.
I’m hoping to be back on here soon(ish) with a “Lately” post, and possibly some workouts for ya!
In the meantime, I’m off to shower (I ran over three hours ago…yikes) and get ready for the football game tonight! So happy it’s Friday 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Questions of the day:
- What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?
- Got any fun plans this weekend?
- Is there anything you want me to post about (food pics, workouts, life, recipes, etc…)?