Well hello again, and happy Thursday!
Today I decided to do my very first “Thinking Out Loud” link up post!
I absolutely LOVE reading what Amanda, and all the other link-ups have to say each and every week. I’ve done quite a few other random thought posts (aka rambles about the glory days, life, throw back thursdays, hoping you haven’t forgotten, being back in the blogosphere, regrets, a breakfast vlog, and sunburns – to name a few), but today I decided to link up!
While this isn’t exactly random rambles, it is some recent thoughts and things I want to share with you guys!
So, without further ado, here is my “thinking out loud” about my latest shopping sprees!
A few weeks ago, I went to the mall in search for a few “essentials”. Let’s just say, I ended up with a whole lot more than my summer staples.
Then, this past Memorial Day Weekend, my mom and I ventured out to get a few pieces for my new job at J.Crew!
Here’s the low down on what I got!
- Gold necklace. This was part of my first day of work outfit – stay tuned for that post!
- Gold bangle. I love that this has elastic in it so it actually fits my tiny wrist – but you would never know it’s stretchy!
- Nude block-heel sandals. I may wear these to my cousins wedding (that I’m doing a reading at) in two weeks! It all depends on my dress. I’ve ordered and tried at least 10 dresses by now, and not one fits me well! Most are too long and have lacy / intricate edges that would be hard to hem. So wish me luck – I’ll let ya know what I end up wearing!
- Pixie skinny-ankle pants. These are so J.Crew, but only cost $33!
- Drapey tuxedo pants. I need some courage to wear these, but I love how comfy (you know me, I’m a leggings girl), yet chic they are!
- Patterned 3/4 sleeve shirt in blue windowpane plaid. Again, another thing I can wear to work (tucked in with a blazer), or anywhere, really!
- Fit & flare ponte-tank dress. I ordered this in “electric youth” and “absolute blue” too! It fits me like a glove and can be dressed up or down depending on accessories / layering pieces. LOVE.
- White dress. I cannot wait to wear this on vacation with sandals, OR under a navy blazer! It’s so versatile – either a fun, lightweight sundress, OR part of a fashionable businesswoman ensemble!
- Navy ponte-knit blazer. Throwing this on can dress up a knit tee, laid back dress, or casual pants, without looking like you’re trying too hard! I am alllll about that.
- Bodycon dress. Sorry for the awful pic! By the way, this looks more scandalous in the photo. It’s actually just the right length and tight-ness that it doesn’t look slutty whatsoever. And trust me, that’s a good thing, ladies…
- Floral tank. Perfect for a hot summer day with white or denim shorts, or a high waisted skirt.
- Long gold necklace. This will be featured later on in my fashion post to come!
- Blue tunic (video below). I intended to make this short video into a longer vlog, but I waited too long to edit and upload, so what I said before and after this footage is no longer relevant. I did my best to cut it, but my apologies about the abrupt start and end!
- Multicolored scarf (video below).
- This statement necklace. Depending on what I end up choosing to wear to the wedding, this necklace may just be the finishing touch! We shall see…
- These studs. Somehow I lost one of my tiny ‘diamond’ studs at school, so I finally found a cheap pair to replace them!
- Navy stripe foldover maxi skirt. I’ve got an entire fashion post centered around this skirt coming out soon!!!
- These wedges in brown. Unfortunately, they don’t appear to be available online anymore. I’ve been looking for classic brown wedges for about a year now, so once I spotted these, I couldn’t resist!
- A dark wash chambray blazer similar to this one. The one I got has a white cuff with tiny navy stars that look like polkadots. So cute!
- Factory airspun baseball sweater in solid tan. I couldn’t find the exact one I got online (and it’s currently in the wash so I couldn’t take a picture), but it’s super loose, especially in the neckline which I love for a laid-back look for summer.
- Factory keating boy blazer in linen. Yes, I know, another blazer! But all three that I got can be worn so many different ways, and since they’re classic pieces, I can wear them for years to come!
- Factory ponte peplum top in stripe. As you may know from previous posts, I love stripes. And, I also love peplums, so I could not say no to this. I’m already dreaming of all the ways I can wear it…
- Factory gigi pant with pockets in navy and black. They fit and feel just like leggings…but look much more professional and grown up 😉
And that’s all she wrote! As you can tell, it was quite a hefty haul (well, it wasn’t allll purchased at once). Now I’m all set for summer and my new job!
I have two exciting posts coming your way – a fashion post (on that amazing GAP maxi skirt!) and my first day of work OOTD vlog!
Oh, and be sure to check out the update vlog I posted yesterday. It’s from last week, but I’d love to get some feedback!
Thanks to Amanda for hosting this link up, as always!
Have a great rest of the week, and I will talk to ya shortly!