Thanks to the amazing Amanda for hosting this link-up!
Unlike last Thursday’s haul post, this week I’m just purely writing my random thoughts! Here we go…
1. I love my hometown.
2. I also love this shirt. I got it last summer (and wore it to a John Mayer concert), and it’s still one of my faves! I just think it’s so flattering and perfect to dress up for a night out with friends, or dress down for an effortless summer look. I know, kind of a random thought, but I was going through pics from this past school year, and I noticed I’ve worn it quite a bit!
3. I’ve been doing a longer run on Sundays for a while now. It’s just a great time to zone out and be alone with my thoughts. Sounds deep, but all my fellow runners out there know what I mean 😉
4. Marathon Monday was incredible this year. There was so much Boston spirit, genuine happiness, and touching, respectful remembrance of last year. And look at these pics I got of Shalane Flanagan zooming by! I took a video, but my friends and I (mostly me…) were screaming so loudly, I didn’t want to burst anyone’s eardrums. You’re welcome!
5. I made this little “signature” that, if you’ve read my blog for a while now, you may have noticed I’ve been using lately. I’m not sure I love it, but I think it adds a personal touch, and I like having a consistent little sign off at the end of each of post. My blog is a work in progress, so we’ll see if I keep it!
6. I was looking through some photo albums from when I was in middle school and I came across this little gem from the first day of 7th or 8th grade. Yeah… I wasn’t awkward at all… Love the bermuda shorts and polkadot shirt… Wow. Just wow.
7. Do not purchase this roller, or one that looks anything like it. It gave me awful bruises all over my legs. Not a good look – I don’t even want to know what people thought happened to me. Target, I love you, but this was not a good purchase. Luckily I only used it once, and still had the tags and receipt, so I was able to return it.
8. Can I just share something super strange? The other night I went out for ice cream with friends, and this car was sitting in the parking lot with its front door wide open! I noticed it when I arrived, then an hour later it was still there! The owner wasn’t in it or even near it. What the heck? Good thing nothing happened, but come on, how do you forget to close your door?!
I mean, hey, maybe they were just so exited to get their ice cream! Especially if they were getting anything like this bad boy (vanilla soft serve, rainbow sprinkles, toasted coconut, and chocolate crunchies).
9. Is it bad I’m already regretting cutting my hair? It’s not like it was super long (nor is it super short by any means now), but I like having longer hair. Oh well, what’s done is done. I just wish it grew faster!
10. Tomorrow is my old high school’s senior prom! I cannot believe it’s already that time of year, and that the kids who seem so much younger than me are already SENIORS! Ahhh I’m getting old. Since it is Thursday and all, here’s a little #tbt to my senior prom!
I have many more random thoughts and things to share, but we’ll leave it at ten today!
I work tomorrow and Sunday, so as always, I will try to snap some fashion photos to share with you guys!
Oh, and be sure to leave a comment below and follow me on Twitter @fuelingalife – I’d love to connect!
Enjoy the day, and I will see ya back here soon (: