Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s WIWIAW! I had a blast doing it, so I’m thinking I may do it again next time I don’t have any exciting foodie pics to share.
Let the randomness begin!
1. Have you heard the old wives’ tale about how if you sleep with a tube of lotion, you wake up with fabulously moisturized skin? Yeah, me neither. But apparently last night I wanted to cuddle with some lotion… I woke up this morning with this tube of Eucerin in my face. Weird.
2. Yesterday I worked the 3-10 shift, so when I came home I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was relax, put my (sore) feet up, and eat my favorite ice cream cone. So, that’s exactly what I did. And it was gloooorious.
3. On the 4th of July (once I cheered up a bit), I got into a nice patriotic ensemble, naturally. Before I put my red bandana on, I realized I already had on all the red I needed! Why is it that whenever I have plans (not that they worked out or anything…) I always get a massive zit, but when I’m literally at home doing nothing, my skin is clear? Arg acne.
4. Last Wednesday had been a nice, sunny day, and then just as I was heading out the door to go to work, it started pouring. Like the type of rain when you can’t see more than 2 feet in front of your car as you’re driving. Lovely! This photo does not do it justice, but I parked almost directly in front of the door to J.Crew, sprinted in, and still looked like I had just taken a shower. Wet clothes/hair + blasting AC = not a very happy me. Oh well!
5. I have a major obsession with mason jars. I got this tumbler from Target, and I use it every. single. day.
My room was decorated in 7th grade, so I decided a few weeks ago to buy some fake flowers and make the room a little more sophisticated! I love soft, romantic styles with a touch of whimsical detailing. Aka mason jars + (faux) wild flowers = perfect in my book!
6. Something I have not, nor ever will, grow out of is my love for rainbow sprinkles. Don’t get me wrong, froyo is already amazing on its own, but they just make everything a little better. It’s the little things in life.
7. Another one of life’s simple pleasures is the pep in your step after (you give yourself) a manicure. There’s just something about that fresh coat of polish that nothing else really compares to. Well, actually there are many things I can think of that are way better than that (um hello, Christmas? freshly baked brownies? a day of boating? weekend getaways? a runner’s high? oh yeah, and spending time with family & friends?). Yeah, sorry Essie, but you get my point.
8. I think today may be the day I finally switch over to self-hosting! I’m 90% sure I’m going to go with Bluehost, but I have a bit more researching to do before I make the big move!
a bit a lot of trepidation, I say this (considering what happened last week, but since these plans do not involve flying, I’m ((almost)) certain they won’t fall through)… On Sunday, three friends and I are driving to NYC to hang out in the city and then see Late Night with Seth Meyers on Monday! If you’ve been reading my blog since last summer, you may remember that I saw Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in July 2013, which was incredible. Fingers crossed that these plans work out!
10. Back to blog talk: I think what’s holding me back (besides the fact that it costs money and I want to make sure I choose the best web-host) is that I’m not 100% sold on the title ‘Fueling a Life‘. I love my little ‘slogan’ because ‘fitness, fashion, food, and fun’ are what I want to talk about, and they are what I consider ‘fuel for feeling alive‘, but I just don’t know if it has a ring to it?
What do you think? I want a title I’m proud of and that feels right for me first and foremost since it’s my blog, but I also want my readers to feel connected to it, if that makes sense. I would love some feedback on this one!