HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!
It may not come as a surprise that my thoughts today are mostly about – what else – CHRISTMAS!
1. I cannot believe tomorrow is Christmas. This year flew by, and it feels like I blinked after Thanksgiving and the next thing I knew it was Christmas! Time just needs to slow down sometimes, am I right?
2. When I was little I couldn’t wait for the actual day to arrive, but now that I’m older, I enjoy the whole holiday season/ build up to Christmas possibly even more than the actual day itself. This is mostly because the day flies by so fast that suddenly it’s all over and it’s back to “normal” life for a whole year, which is kind of sad. Anyone else feel this way?
3. What makes me the saddest is when we have to take down all the decorations. That day = depressing.
4. Does it freak anyone else out that this “winter” (aka November and December) has been so mild?
5. Speaking of winter, I guess we won’t be having a white Christmas on the east coast!
6. This was so painful to watch (it was all over my Facebook newsfeed after the show aired, so, of course, I watched it – and cringed)! There have been some hilarious jokes made since the debacle, and this one made me laugh out loud on Monday!
7. It seems like every Christmas break I’m in the mood for some reminiscing, so I always break out the old photos and home videos. These pics aren’t super old, but I had to share. Before running (<- one of my favorite posts!) became a huge part of my life, I danced from when I was 3 to about 14. These pics (sorry the quality sucks, I took them on my phone of a shiny page in a photo album) were taken the night of my last dance recital. Oh, the memories.
8. ‘Tis the season for lots of baking! My mom and I have spent a lot of time listening to Christmas tunes in the kitchen lately, and there’s nowhere I would rather be right now! We tried a new recipe (which we changed up a bit) this past weekend for what we renamed “Spinach Parmesan Bites,” and we loved them! We’ve also made my mom’s famous chocolate chip cookies, and some golden Oreo truffles (I will share pictures/the recipe soon)!
9. Ever since I studied abroad in Florence, Italy, I’ve loved a good glass of wine (and yes, I am 21 😉 ). One of my roommates brought this Beaujolais Nouveau from home and we all absolutely loved it. If you like red wine, I highly recommend this one!
10. If you celebrate, I hope you have an amazing Christmas Eve, Christmas, and weekend with your loved ones. Stay warm and cozy, and enjoy every second!
See you again real soon 🙂