As I promised, today I’m sharing a delicious recipe that’s perfect for a New Year’s Eve party, or any day of the (new!) year.
I made these bad boys for our Christmas Eve party, and my family loved them. They’re decadent and delicious and I made sure to make plenty so we also had more than enough for Christmas and a few other family parties last weekend.
Like I said, there are tons of recipes for these (all you have to do is Google “Oreo truffles” and you’ll come across pages of different varieties!), but I put my own little spin on them based loosely off of this recipe.
My mom gets migraines from chocolate (I know, it’s super sad for her, too), so I wanted to make a dessert that she could enjoy. This led me to… White Chocolate Golden Oreo Truffles. Yum.
The recipe actually makes about 4 dozen one-inch truffles, but this photo is a serving dish I brought to my aunt’s house on Christmas Eve. We also made a few with butterscotch coating because my mom loves it.
Besides being simple (and super yummy), the fun thing about this recipe is that you can change up any of the flavors depending on what you like or the occasion you’re making them for!
You can use any type of “chocolate” (white, dark, milk, or any other bars or chips like butterscotch, peanut butter, caramel, cinnamon… whatever floats your boat!). You can also use any kind of Oreo (regular chocolate, specialty flavors, limited editions, etc. When I went to the store to get the ingredients, I discovered that there are way more flavors out now than when I was growing up. I was overwhelmed by the options!). Whatever you choose, they’re guaranteed to be delicious!
Okay enough talk – let’s get to the good stuff!
EASY NO-BAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE GOLDEN OREO TRUFFLES
A simple no-bake dessert you can whip up for any occasion that is sure to please all your guests! (Or just to make for yourself, because trust me, once you try one, you’ll be craving these every. single. day.) 😉
Recipe by Laura of LaurRuns.wordpress.com
Servings: 48 one-inch truffles
Prep time: 30 minutes + 1 hour in the fridge
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened (can sub for low fat if you wish)
- 1 package (or about 36 cookies) golden Oreos (can sub for any flavor)
- 4 (4 oz.) packages white chocolate baking chocolate (can sub for any flavor) *
- Optional: sprinkles, peppermint, chocolate shavings, coconut, etc. for topping
*You can use baking chips, but they do not melt as well as baking bars
- Take cream cheese out in advance so it’s softened by the time you’re ready to start
- Crush Oreos (in food processor or in a sealed bag using rolling pin/your hands)
- In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and finely crushed Oreo crumbs until there are no chunks of cream cheese, and everything is well blended
- Form the dough into (about 48) one-inch balls
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds so it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the bowl
- Carefully dip each ball into melted chocolate
- Place truffles (with enough room in between so they do not touch) on cookie sheet that has been covered in parchment paper
- Optional: Sprinkle with toppings
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm
*They can be refrigerated in a tightly covered container for however long they last – which won’t be long 😉
Let me know if you try them!
- Can anyone else believe today is the last day of 2015? It’s been such an awesome year. I turned 21, got my first “big girl job,” started my senior year in college, ran my first official half marathon, and met Clinton Kelly, among many other things! That said, I can’t wait to see what 2016 brings!
2. Does anyone have fun plans for the night? I’m going out to dinner and drinks with some friends from high school, and then sleeping over at one of my friends houses. Should be fun!
3. One of my new year’s resolutions is to blog more! I’ve been Instagramming every day for months (which I’m proud of), and I’ve definitely upped my blogging game since getting home, but I’d love to keep it up. It may be hard once I get back to school, but once I graduate, I want to maintain a regular blogging schedule!
4. It finally snowed a couple inches on Tuesday, but it’s not much to get excited about. Plus, since Christmas has already come and gone ( 😦 ), I’m not really wanting the cold or snow. I still can’t get over the weather this fall/early winter. I just hope the winter of 2016 isn’t as brutal as 2015’s (my walk to class pictured below)!
Unfortunately, that’s all I’ve got for today because I have a lot to get done before I head out for dinner.
I hope you have a fantastic last day of 2015, a safe night tonight, and a happy, healthy, and amazing start to 2016!
Thanks for reading 🙂
PS – If you’re looking for more Laur Runs posts to read, here are some of my favorite posts from over the years!
- Some of the Craziest Combos and Most Memorable Moments So many good eats and fun times from a great trip to NYC
- Running Keeps Me Sane…Well, Maybe Not, Because I’m a Runner and Runners Are Insane One of my favorite posts. So many crazy yet true thoughts on being a crazy runner
- 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Me Read if you dare 😉
- I Could Not Have Picked a Better Place Some thoughts on studying abroad in Florence, Italy my junior year – one of the best decisions I’ve ever made!
- A Guide to the Foods of Florence My personal favorite “What I Ate Wednesday” – a great read if you’re traveling to Italy anytime soon!
- Reliving the Glory Days Some high school XC memories
- I Get By With a Little Help From… This was not a great time in my life, but looking back, it was one that helped me learn a lot and realize how blessed I am to have amazing people around me!
- Home For The Holidays Christmas 2 years ago!
- Too Many Pictures Lots of eats and outfits
- Not WIAW, But WIWIAW Tons of yummy looking eats from Pinterest