Hey hey happy Thursday!
I hope you enjoyed reading about all the good food and fun I had while in the Cape! I’m really missing it and I’m not gonna lie, I’ve already gone back and read both the first and the second trip recaps… No shame!
Since I love linking up with Amanda on Thursdays to share a whole bunch of random thoughts (especially on things like being a crazy runner), of course I wanted to join the party even more this week since I couldn’t ‘attend’ last week! I didn’t want to trash last Thursday’s draft, so I edited it to make it more relevant (I had written a lot about the Cape Cod trip I was going on). So now I present to you my rambles…
1) I am leaving for Europe in less than one month. 24 days to be exact. Just a little over three weeks and I’ll be en route to Italy. Like what??
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. <- That’s an excited and slightly terrified scream.
I’m going to Italy for a semester abroad and right now I have a crazy mix of excitement, nerves, and disbelief. It honestly hasn’t hit me that I’ll be living in Europe for four months.
All I know is that it’ll be quite the learning experience, and hopefully one I will always be grateful for. Hopefully in ~1 month I’ll be doing well and adjusting to my ‘new’ life abroad! All I can do now is begin to think about packing… that’ll be brutal.
Jamming a semester’s worth of clothes/ toiletries/ all the things I need to survive in one large suitcase + a carry-on is going to be a job and a half…not looking forward to it one bit. Plus it doesn’t help that I already loathe packing and it’s almost impossible to know everything I’ll need while I’m in a country I’ve never been to. I just keep reminding myself that I can always buy the majority of the things I’ll need (minus most of my clothes/ certain toiletries, etc.). Knowing that makes the task of packing seem like a little less of a monster.
Besides packing I still have tons more prep to do (getting the visa/ bank stuff, etc. has been quite the task!), and all the planning/ figuring things out (phone, etc.) just never seems to end!
I really need to start doing more now while I’m still relatively relaxed. Doing all those things while also being nervous about leaving will not be pretty. I should get on that…
2) On another note…The tan lines I now have are just plain awkward. Running outside + lounging on the beach makes for some odd skin-tone differences.
3) I finally did my nails… Thank goodness because they were not looking too hot.
You probably can’t tell but I did a few little blue polka dots on my pale pink ring fingers. Ya know, just getting a little artsy fartsy.
4) Last week I wore a maxi skirt for the first time to work. I will now be wearing maxi skirts every other day (when I’m not in workout clothes).
5) I know I said way way way back when that I’d be doing a “how to style a maxi skirt” post. I took tons of photos and wrote a bunch of stuff and it’s saved as one of many drafts, but I just never got around to taking pics in the different ensembles. The way I’m wearing it in the above picture was the main way I was planning on styling it, so since I’m not thinking I’ll finish that post any time soon, we’re just going with this one, mmkay?
Terrible excuse but it now seems silly to take more pictures in this outfit plus a few other combos. However, I WILL definitely be doing more posts in the way I was going for with that “how to style” idea once I have things all figured out on my blog. I’m still experimenting/ exploring/ LEARNING! Thanks for being patient and sticking around 🙂
6) Speaking of clothes… On Thursday I literally felt like I was in pajamas (and simultaneously felt like a genie) at work. Not a bad feeling if you ask me!
7) I think I chose my blog’s name for when I become self-hosted!
a lot too much about the title and am currently leaning towards ‘Fueling Fab’. I think it works better for multiple reasons, but I won’t be self-hosted for a little while, so I’m still totally open to your input on the whole great debate (in fact, I’d love to hear it!). You can read about the current title here and here and about ‘Fueling Fab’ at the bottom of this post!
8) I really miss everything about Cape Cod. The beach, the pool, the time with family and friends, the food, oh and sipping some post-run coffee while looking out at this wasn’t a terrible way to start a day…
Now don’t get me wrong, I love my hometown, but nothing can really compare to this view.
9) I know I said it back in June, but seriously, the freckle face is out in full force these days.
11) And just for kicks and giggles…#tbt!
Have a great rest of your week!
Questions of the day:
- If you’ve been to Europe, what is your favorite country/place to visit?
- Fave memory from this summer so far?
- Any fun plans this weekend?
And in case you missed them, here are a few of my more recent posts…
- Cape Cod (Round 2)
- Cape Cod (Round 1)
- Some of my fave summer workout clothes
- Running keeps me sane. Kinda.
- NYC eats and more